Home > Library Services > InterLibrary Loan > Interlibrary Services
Location & Hours of Operation | Receiving ILS Orders | Due Dates & Renewals
Lending Eisenhower Library Materials | Contact Information
Interlibrary Services Request Form
Interlibrary Services (ILS) provides Eisenhower Library patrons access to materials NOT owned by the Eisenhower Library or the Libraries Service Center. ILS will contact other libraries to borrow books or have articles delivered to you. In some cases you may be able to borrow audio-visual material, microforms, and dissertations, although other libraries often will not circulate these items.
- All current faculty, students, and staff with a JHU library card are eligible for free, unlimited use of Interlibrary Services. Materials can be obtained from other JHU libraries and from libraries outside of the JHU system.
- Some Eisenhower Library affiliates have limited ILS privileges (restricted to items held at other JHU libraries only):
- Alumni who have paid the $200 annual (or $100 semi-annual) library fee
- Spouses, same-sex partners, and dependents of current JHU faculty, staff, and students.
- All other affiliates have no ILS privileges.
- Non-Homewood JHU patrons will usually find it more convenient to use the interlibrary loan service at their home libraries. ILL materials must be retrieved at the Interlibrary Loan Office at MSEL.
Interlibrary Services also lends Eisenhower Library materials to other libraries.
Before using ILS, remember to check the JHU Libraries Catalog.